Ambition of the region: to be the leading positive-energy region in Europe by 2050.
- 2nd French region for renewable energy production
- 2nd region in photovoltaic and hydroelectric production
- 3rd region for wind power and 4th for biomass
- 1st region with development potential for floating offshore wind energy turbines
- 1st region in number of “positive energy territories for green growth”
- 4 energy/environment innovation clusters: Derbi, Mediterranean Sea Cluster, Aqua Valley, Trimatec
They chose Occitanie
ABC Membranes, BRL, CACG, Enercon, Polymem, Quadran, Saur, Séché Environnement, Suez Environnement / SITA France, Sunpower, Urbasolar, Véolia Environnement, Vestas.