Potential set-up projects identified per year
Average number of new business set-ups per year
Average jobs created per year
Total surface available (in ha) in business parks labelled Occitanie Economic Zones (OZE)
Located in the South of France, the Occitanie region is the gateway to Southern Europe, Mediterranean, African and Middle East markets. Modern, connected and economically dynamic, Occitanie is open to Europe and the rest of the world.
- 10 airports and a dense transport network of motorways and railways
- 1st region for trade surplus
- 220km of coastline, 3 commercial ports and 5 fishing ports
Occitanie is the second largest region in France with 72,124 km², and a population of 5.77 million inhabitants (9% of the French population). By 2030, the region will have welcomed some 800,000 new inhabitants, the highest population growth in France.
- 2 metropolises: Toulouse (471,940 inhabitants, 4th largest city in France) and Montpellier (277,639 inhabitants)
- Business launches (52,545 in 2016)
- €78.9 million raised (3rd French region) by start-ups
A cradle for tomorrow’s technologies, the region also leads the way in agriculture, agri-food, mechanics, textile, etc. (1st region for quality labels, use of space applications, robotics, corporate digitalisation, 4.0 factories, etc.).
Key sectors in the region: aerospace, smart transport, digital, maritime economy, artificial intelligence, health, tourism, etc.
Local sectors with a strong territorial connection, such as wood, textiles, ceramics, cosmetics and well-being, granite and leather, complete the economic ecosystem.
Occitanie is the leading French region for R&D investment and the 2nd region for foreign investment in R&D.
- 30,000 researchers
- 13 innovation clusters
- 3rd region for the number of patents filed
Quality of life, a myriad of arts and sports options, gastronomy and the good life… many students and young professionals flock to the Occitanie region every year.
- 35 prestigious Engineering schools and Universities
- 247,000 students (10% foreign students)
- 30% of the population under 25 years old
Our expertise for the success of your relocation project
For more than 20 years, AD’OCC teams have been facilitating the relocation and development of French and foreign companies in Occitanie.
Take advantage of 360° expertise: our experts offer free of charge support tailored to your needs in every field.