- Largest vineyard in the world in terms of area for wines of origin
- 1st agricultural region in France in terms of area
- 1st organic region in France in number of farms
- 1st region in Europe for the number of products with quality labels (250 references – IGP, AOC, AOP, Label rouge etc…)
- 2nd region for fruit & vegetable production
- 3rd agri-food region in France with 7,000 establishments
- Leading region for products bearing an official quality and origin label
- 2 innovation clusters: Agri Sud-Ouest Innovation, Innov’Alliance
- A dense network of research centers: Agropolis International (CIRAD, INRAe , SUP Agro, CGIAR, IRD, etc…), ENSAT Toulouse, etc.
They chose Occitanie
Andros, Arterris , Blue Whale , Cémoi , Haribo, Carte Noire, Mars, Nestlé Waters, Nutrition & Santé, Poppies Berlidon , Roquefort Société, Raynal & Rauquelaure , Saint Mamet, Salins du Midi.
Discover the strengths of Occitanie’s agriculture and food industry
Aurore CarvalhoProject manager
Agrifood, Environment, Eco-activities, Water